Join American’s of Differing Viewpoints To Talk/Listen
We are starting a conversation among Americans who come from different places, different viewpoints and different ideas to share with each other who they are and why they believe what they believe – all so we may discover what we have in common. There will always be differences, but it is our hope that this experiment will help identify those things we share which can bring each of us a little more understanding and compassion for one another.
“YES, I hear you – AND here’s what we have in common”
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:
- We are in the beginning stages of activation, but it is our dream that we will scale the conversation take take place in a variety of ways:
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- On our website
- Regional Meetings & Events (pre-recorded and live-streamed)
- Workshops (live and online)
- All conversations within the organization MUST adhere to and uphold the values of this group which are:
- 100% Hope for
- 100% Respect of
- 100% Dignity within and
- 100% Understanding of each and every person who engages with us.
- From the very beginning, there will have zero-tolerance for anything or anyone who does not uphold the values listed above as a threshold for engagement in our organization.
- We encourage differing beliefs and viewpoints amongst participants – but will not condone rude, hateful, divisive or destructive comments about anyone or anything shared.
- The whole point of this movement is to allow a space for conversations to be held where we might find what we each have in common (even as we differ).
- Any comment, post, or behavior that does not adhere to these simple guidelines will be deleted/removed immediately and any person who continually breaks these rules will be deleted from the group and blocked from online conversations.